Nutritional benefits of mustard black microgreens
Black mustard is rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals, including:
- essential oils;
- dietary fibre;
- high in B-complex vitamins, also vitamins A, C, E and K;
- calcium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, selenium, zinc;
- high in antioxidants (flavonoids and carotenoids);
- omega 3.
Health benefits of mustard black microgreens
- High in dietary fibre: aids digestion, helps to lower cholesterol, and is good for the heart;
- it can also reduce the risk of blocked arteries and stroke;
- promotes digestive health, provides feeling of satiety (feeling full) ;
- provides a natural source of vitamins and minerals for all-round nutritional support;
- high in iron: helpful for treating any anemic conditions, including during the menstrual cycle;
- excellent source of B-complex vitamins: These support nervous system health and regulate body metabolism;
- rich in vitamin B3: help lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- antioxidant properties help fight free radicals and lower the risk of cancer;
- omega 3 supports cardiovascular health;
- leaves and flowers can be used to create a natural infusion to combat colds and sore throats.
Taste and use
Mustard black seeds are used primarily to make yellow mustard, a common condiment for sandwiches, hotdogs and other meats.