Nutritional benefits green peas microgreens
Green peas contain many nutrients, minerals and vitamins, including:
- dietary fibre;
- vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B9 and C.
Health benefits of green peas microgreens
- Provides a natural source of vitamins and minerals for all-round nutritional support;
- high in dietary fibre: aids digestion, helps to lower cholesterol, and is good for the heart.
- it can also reduce the risk of blocked arteries and stroke;
- reduces sensation of hunger, promotes weight control;
- helps to stimulate metabolic activity;
- regulates insulin and blood sugar levels, aiding weight control and lowering the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabete;
- helps to reduce “bad” cholesterol: promotes cardiovascular health and helps to prevent cardiovascular disease;
- diuretic properties help to regulate kidney functions; stimulates the elimination of toxins from the body;
- helps to regulate hormone levels during the menopause;
- strongly detoxifying if eaten frequently.
Taste and use
Green peas microgreens have a sweetish taste with slightly more acidity the peas themselves. They are however delicate, juicy and delicious, being rich in chlorophyll which has a purifying and sanitizing effect on the mouth.
Green peas microgreens taste great raw, so are perfect for use in salads and other cold dishes. They can also be eaten cooked and go particularly with fish and seafood. They also complement meat and vegetable dishes very well and can also be added to pasta and rice dishes.
Sandwich lovers can add them to a variety of fillings, especially cheese. They are also delicious in savoury crepes.
Try using green peas microgreens to make a cream dip, together with avocado and lemon or lime, plus salt and pepper to taste, to eat cold with bread or vegetable crudités.