Nutritional benefits of lemon balm microgreens
The essential oil of lemon balm contains:
The essential extracts of the plant contain:
- rosmarinic acid;
- caffeic acid;
- flavanoids (including luteolin, apigenin, campferol and quercetin).
Health benefits of lemon balm microgreens
- Antioxidant properties help fight free radicals and lower the risk of cancer;
- antidepressant: helps fight anxiety, stress and agitation, calms the nervous system;
- anti-viral: fights infections and viruses;
- promotes digestive health; relieves gastro-intestinal conditions;
- promotes muscle relaxation and sleep;
- helps headaches and migraines;
- relieves menstrual and other cramps;
- relieves tachycardia (irregular heartbeat).
Taste and use
It is widely used to prepare infusions useful for relieving stress-related conditions and also in treating gastro-intestinal disorders.
A simple infusion can be made using one teaspoon of leaves per cup of water. Boil everything, then filter the infusion before drinking.
This company is serious and probably has one of the best seeds I have bought so far. Great selection and really good sprouts.!!!!. Fantastic job. Grazie mille.
Dear Darren, thank you so much for your awesome review. Ramon