Nutritional benefits of endive blonde microgreens
The endive blonde microgreens are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals, including:
- fats (saturated and polyunsaturated);
- vitamin A, B1 (thiamin), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), C and E.
Endive blonde microgreens widely used in low-calorie diets:
- low in calories but high in satiating power;
- high water content: helps to keep the body hydrated;
- high in dietary fibre: aids digestion, can help prevent constipation;
- rich in mineral salts (electrolytes): recommended for sports nutrition;
- purifying properties: helps flush out toxins that build up in the body;
- phytosterols: may help reduce cholesterol;
- may help to reduce stress;
- widely used by those suffering from metabolic or enzyme-replacement conditions;
- well suited to people with cardiovascular conditions, high cholesterol, hypertension, metabolic syndrome and Type 2 diabetes.
Taste and use of endive escarole microgreens
Endive blonde microgreens are perfect for salads, alone or mixed with other ingredients.
It is also versatile as a cooked vegetable. It can be sautéed with olive oil, boiled in salted water, or used in meatballs and stuffed pasta.
Try making a delicious endive lasagne, using alternate layers of leaves and pasta. It also goes great on pizzas, and its sautéed leaves are wonderful stuffed in savoury focaccia.