Nutritional benefits of fennel microgreens
Fennel microgreens are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals, including:
- dietary fiber;
- vitamins B3, B5, B6 and C;
- aspartic acid.
Health benefits of adzuki microgreens
- Potassium helps the flow of oxygen to the brain;
- antioxidants, combined with vitamin C and other minerals, help to protect eyesight;
- purifying properties help flush out toxins that build up in the body;
- high in dietary fibre: aids digestion, helps to lower cholesterol, and is good for the heart. It can also reduce the risk of blocked arteries and stroke;
- rich in vitamin C: strengthens the immune system; also promotes collagen production which is beneficial to the skin;
- high in Calcium: strengthens bones;
- aspartic acid helps to relieve trapped wind. Being natural, can also be given to children. Also acts as an anti-inflammatory for the colon;
- antioxidant: strengthens the immune system by fighting free radicals, which can reduce the risk of cancer;
- contains cineole and anethole: acts as an expectorant which helps relieve cough symptoms. It can be used to treat congestion and bronchitis by eliminating toxins and dissolving phlegm;
- high in anethole: can relieve menstrual pain, abdominal contractions and menopausal disorders
- helps the production of breast milk ;
- rich in potassium: useful against hypertension, lowers blood pressure and can help prevent heart attack and stroke;
- research suggests fennel may help the body recover naturally from the damage caused by chemotherapy, and possibly even in breast and liver cancer prevention.
Taste and use
Fennel microgreens can be used raw or cooked to flavour salads and soups, or it can be served as a side dish.
The seeds can also be eaten to and added to dishes of all kinds.
Fennel’s particular flavour makes it ideal for summer or centrifugal salads.
Ramon do you have any idea when you may add dandelion seeds to your product line 🦁🌱💚? Enjoy your w/e cheers 🥂, Ursula
PS unfortunately I don‘t know Italian 🤭
Hi Ursula, we will add Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) in the next week (I think before Christmas).
PS: and I don't speak German :-D
sono soddisfattissimo di Italian Sprout, mio fornitore ormai da anni. anzi direi un collaboratore più che un semplice fornitore. sempre precisi , velocissimi per le consegne e gentilissimi nel gestire le relazioni personali...top!
Very nice quality and taste very good, thank you !