Nutritional benefits of chicory white microgreens
There are several nutritional benefits to be had from including white chicory in a healthy diet. It contains several essential vitamins including A and C, and often vitamins of the B group. White chicory microgreens also contain calcium which helps to keep bones in good condition. One of the most useful nutritional elements of this chicory is the fiber that it contains; this helps with maintaining the health of the digestive system.
Most people who eat food want it to be an overall healthy experience. White chicory is a useful element of any balanced diet as it has several properties which promote good health.
- Helps to regulate the work of the liver and pancreas;
- assists with regulating blood sugar levels in the body (useful for people who suffer from diabetes or pre-diabetes);
- helps with detoxifying the body;
- improves memory and mental clarity;
- prevent hair loss;
- helps to control skins conditions such as acne and eczema;
- control cholesterol levels;
- improves digestion.
The health benefits of white chicory make it a plant that is worth cultivating for use in the kitchen.
Taste and use of chicory microgreens
White chicory mirogreens have a taste that can add interest to any salad. It helps to balance sweet tones that may be present in a dish. White chicory is a plant that can be eaten raw but can also be fried off with garlic and ginger as part of an appetizing stir fry.
It can also be included in homemade savory pies, for an added intensity of flavour.
It’s a versatile plant that is an excellent accompaniment to meats and fish, making it a staple in many kitchens.