The dark, triangular-shaped sunflower seeds can grow into majestic sunflowers that brighten up the garden. However, if you harvest the sunflower microgreens when they are around 3-4 centimeters in height, they can provide several nutritional and health benefits.
€4,90 – €32,35
• Seed Presoak: 3/4 hours
• Harvest time: 5/6 days
Nutritional benefits of sunflower microgreens
Sunflower microgreens are packed full of nutrients that can help to keep you healthy as part of a balanced diet. They contain B group vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 and B12 as well as vitamins D and E. They also contain iron, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. These are just some of the useful nutrients that can be found in sunflower microgreens all of which can benefit health.
Health benefits of sunflower microgreens
- Growing sunflowers to their full height can add beauty to your garden. Harvesting the microgreens can provide several important health benefits;
- antioxidant properties that provide protection against free radicals and guard against premature aging of the skin;
- anti-inflammatory properties that help to protect joint health in the body;
- presence of folic acid that is useful to women during pregnancy and menopause;
- promotion of a healthy digestive system;
- presence of tryptophan which produces serotonin in the body and aids relaxation.
The numerous health benefits that sunflower microgreens can provide makes them a useful food item to have in any home kitchen.
Taste and use
The best thing about sunflower microgreens is that they have a similar taste to the seeds but they are softer, making them more pleasant to eat. They are versatile when used in a home kitchen and can add an extra kick of flavour to meals and snacks.
You can simply include them in a fresh salad or you can add them to a sandwich, instead of sunflower seeds which are highly nutritious but can be annoying when they stick between your teeth.
Using sunflower microgreens means that you get all of the nutrients of the seeds without having to deal with the crunch.
1 kg, 100 gr., 200 gr., 500 gr.